Purpose of this program: the payment of IOTA coins to a specific address will switch a little motor on until the paid coins have been used (1 second = 1 IOTA).
This article is based on my article “For beginners: Switch a light on with the payment of IOTAs using a Raspberry Pi”.
Contact me if you are stuck. Also please let me know if you see anything that needs improvement.
1. Hardware Setup
- Raspberry Pi 3 (or 2) with the following components: WiFi, 32GB Micro SD card, Power supply.
- 1 Channel DC 5V Relay Switch Board Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi ARM AVR
- Breadboard wires (F/M and M/M)
- Mini DC motor. I searched for the cheapest motor in eBay. The motor I purchased is 6V which means you need a resistor or use the motor for a short time only when using a 9V battery
- 9V Battery
In addition, you will need for the setup: USB keyboard, USB mouse and HDMI cable.
Look carefully at the diagram.
- The output side of the relay decides the on/off operation. If the orange cable (as seen in the diagram below)…