South Korean exchange Bithumb has announced a new committee which will evaluate the cryptocurrencies listed on the platform on a monthly basis.
The new committee called “the Listing Eligibility Deliberation Committee,” will take into account certain factors, such as 24-hour trading volume, base market capitalization variations and project backing.
“The specific conditions for the delisting are:
- The daily trading volume of the exchange is insignificant for more than one month
- The base market cap has fallen by more than one month from the time of listing
- If there is no support from the cryptocurrency developer or there is no project participation
- The utility of related technologies Is missing or flaw is found
- used in crime or is clearly related
- requested by the Cryptocurrency Foundation to abolish listing.”
Based on these criteria, the committee will assess cryptocurrencies listed on Bithumb. Cryptocurrencies that do not meet the requirements listed above will have a period of two months to better their status before…