The article below came directly from the Rarible blog, found on https://rarible.com/blog/
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably listed, bought, and sold on Rarible before. And if you haven’t, you should (in our mostly unbiased opinion 🙂).
In any case, we want you to have a great experience on our platform. So in this article, we’ll show you 6 awesome things you may have missed on Rarible so far:
- Create NFTs for free
- Connect with your favorite Rarible users on our messenger
- Make your Ethereum NFTs carbon-negative
- Isolate the signal from the noise by following friends, artists, and collectors
- Collect royalties from sales on Rarible.com (even if you didn’t create your collection with us)
- Submit a floor bid to join your favorite community
Ready to get started? Let’s dive in!
1) Create NFTs for free
Did you know you can mint on Rarible without paying a penny? And not only that: you can do it in two different ways.
Lazy Minting on Ethereum
A while back, our magician coders implemented something called “Lazy Minting“.
Lazy minting allows you to mint a token on Rarible without creating a blockchain entry. That way, you skip the gas fees to create your NFT.
There is a tweak to it: whoever buys or transfers your NFT first will pay the gas fees. So Lazy Minting will cost your fans extra. While paying no gas is awesome, we only recommend it for your first few NFTs on Ethereum.
How do you lazy mint NFTs on Rarible? Simply switch on “Free minting” during the creation process.
Mint for free on Flow
Flow is a super-efficient blockchain tailor-made for NFTs. That means gas fees are only a fraction of a cent.
But it gets better: When we integrated Flow, we decided to cover those fees for every Flow NFT created on Rarible. That way, you don’t have to buy FLOW tokens and send them to your wallet just to pay $0.00001 to mint an NFT.
2) Connect With Your Favorite Rarible Users on our Messenger
We love NFTs so much we built a whole company for them. But we can’t deny when something’s a little clunky. There’s a big challenge in buying, trading and selling NFTs: Communication.
In the “real world”, trading is easy:
- Think the price is too high? Tell them how much you’re willing to pay
- Want to buy something that’s not for sale? You can ask how much it would take
- Need to know more about what you’re buying? Ask away!
But how does that work when you only know the other person’s wallet address? It doesn’t. Or didn’t.
Because we created Rarible Messenger, the first-ever cross-chain wallet-to-wallet messaging service.
Whether you want to negotiate, collaborate or connect with others on Rarible—now you can.
How to use Rarible Messenger
Connecting with artists, collectors and friends is easy:
- Navigate to the profile you’d like to message.
2. Click “Send message”.
3. After the messenger pops up, write your message and hit send.
Getting in touch with your favorite artists, collectors and curators is as easy as that!
Note: To protect people’s privacy, we have a “message requests” folder for messages from people you don’t follow. If you don’t get a response from someone immediately, this is probably where your message went.
3) Make Your Ethereum NFTs Carbon-Negative
There’s no way around it: Proof of work blockchains consume a lot of energy.
Ethereum transitions to proof of stake to reduce its energy consumption. But we want to enable you to create, buy and sell NFTs with a clear conscience now.
That’s why we partnered with Nori for carbon removal.
The feature is simple:
- Navigate to an Ethereum NFT you own on Rarible.
- Open the details tab and click “remove carbon”.
- Check out with our carbon removal partner Nori.
- Your NFT is now carbon negative (and everyone will see you’ve done a good thing)!
4) Isolate the Signal From the Noise by Following Friends, Artists and Collectors
There are so many NFT collections, nobody can keep up with all of them. It’s overwhelming to see dozens of new artists and collections every day.
That’s why we created the follow feature and the “following” view. It’s as simple as it sounds:
Follow your favorite collectors, artists and friends on Rarible. Then you can click “following” on the home page to only see their activity.
That way, you get a curated feed of the art and collections you love most.
You’ve created a collection outside of Rarible? You can still own it and earn royalties on our marketplace! Here’s how easy it is:
- Find your collection on Rarible.
- Click the three dots and hit “claim ownership”. If you’re signed in with the right wallet, you’ll get a success message.
3. You now control your collection on Rarible. You can add a description, upload a profile picture, set royalties, and more.
Royalties? Yes! Click the three dots again and you’ll see the option to set royalties. Click that option and choose the settings you want.
You can even create split royalties. That means you can give a community vault, team members or collaborators their fair share.
Sometimes, you want to join a community or own a piece from a great creator—and you don’t care which NFT from the particular collection you will get.
That’s why we’re launching floor bids. A floor bid is a bid for any NFT in a collection. Any holder of an NFT in that collection can accept your bid and help you become part of the community you want to join!
The article above came directly from the Rarible blog, found on https://rarible.com/blog/